Download below file containing esptool.exe + bin-file + 2 “Window batch files” and extract in “your” folder:iBLOPPER_v1.0 (2 downloads)
- Install CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers, if not already done. If you played with Arduino IDE and NodeMCU before you most likely have done this before.
- Ensure NodeMCU is pugged into USB.
- Go to “Devices” (e.g. use win10 search and write “devices”).
- Under “Ports” in Devices. Notice this USB port number for “CP210x USB to UART”!
- Edit the “Window batch file” named “SETUP_USB_COMX” to reflect the port you using (eg. change the port number ONLY: “
esptool.exe --chip esp8266 --port COM4 --baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0x0 iBLOPPER_v1.0.bin“)
- Hit and run the “Window batch file” named “SETUP_USB_COMX”
- Now the iBLOPPPER software get installed.
If something goes wrong you can erase everything after editing accordingly as above by running “Erase_USB_COMX” (
esptool.exe -p COM4 -b 115200 erase_flash).
If updating to new build and/or making use of an NodeMCU from earlier project, ensure to erase everything as else you will get instability issues.
Secondly, always pull the pwoer from iBLOPPER after installing before setting it up.